When it comes to the cloud, security has made its significance very clear – especially with the cyber attacks increasing by the hour. Cloud security still has a long way to go, considering the dynamic types of security vulnerabilities that plague organizations today. However, infrastructure security has and will remain the cornerstone of cloud computing. Not only has it been recognized and evangelized by private organizations but also by governments since the sensitive data over the cloud needs to be protected in all ways and forms. Let’s then understand the need and importance of infrastructure security services in this day and age.
Significance of Infrastructure Security
There are an array of concerns and security vulnerabilities seeping into the cloud networks today. Maintaining robust infrastructure security doesn’t just become a best practice but a need of the hour. To look at a few security vulnerabilities –
- Data breaches – A very common and critical security vulnerability, data breaches, target sensitive information and confidential data over the cloud. A cyber attack as such can hamper the whole architecture itself.
- Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) – These can turn out to be disastrous if not integrated properly over the cloud. If the communication between servers via APIs is compromised, data on the cloud would easily be at the disposal of the attackers.
- Internal threat – More often than not, there can be cyberattacks from within an organization. Authorization and access can be compromised from the inside, very easily. This poses a massive threat from an internal rather than external source.
- Neglect of compliances – Security regulations become imperative to comply with. Organizations that do not ensure compliance and security standards such as the OWASP Top 10, are more prone to be cyber-attacked.
- DoS or DDoS attacks – Denial-of-service or distributed denial-of-service attacks can block any and all access to the actual users of a server or application – not letting them access the given services. They also target protection firewalls such as the WAF (Web Application Firewalls), thus, hampering the whole infrastructure.
Thus, infrastructure security services become significant and this effort is important to address, mitigate and eliminate such security vulnerabilities that can hamper an organization’s presence on cloud. Cloud also becomes a more vulnerable space since servers run remotely – thus, securing them becomes a challenge in itself. To prevent these attacks from happening and to ensure end-to-end security and data protection, coherent measures and best practices need to be adopted.
Ensuring network security, security compliances, due diligence, effective collaboration between the cloud provider and end user, vulnerability patching, up-to-date technology, etc., are a few areas which organizations can start with to ensure a robust security posture for their cloud infrastructure. Cyber hygiene has also ushered in as a niche domain and need for organizations to maintain their infrastructure security – continuous security assessments and compliances can ensure the same. Thus, infrastructure security services become a crucial facet and the cornerstone for organizations – an aspect which shouldn’t be neglected at all for protecting data and processes over the cloud. RTCTek specializes in infrastructure security with its years of expertise in the domain. To contact us for your cloud security needs, reach out right away!