With product modernization as a growing trend, organizations are increasingly shifting towards the cloud for enhanced scalability and flexibility. This encompasses an end-to-end approach with a deliberate effort to understand the very need to shift one’s infrastructure or business to the cloud. This shift then includes leveraging robust cloud migration services for making an organization’s cloud journey seamless. But first, let’s quickly delve into the need for shifting to the cloud.
In the quest of doing away with legacy systems and traditional infrastructure, organizations have made cloud their go-to platform. With the pandemic in picture, this shift has been exacerbated – forcing organizations to go digital. Thus, the need to shift to the cloud has helped an array of organizations scale their business processes even amidst a pandemic. They are thus witnessing this new change and the need to adopt a cloud platform for their businesses.
Facets within Cloud Migration Services
Cloud migration is certainly not an easy approach and requires specialized expertise from the very get-go. The various nuances that this set of services includes are:
- Cloud strategy – The first step towards a cloud migration journey starts from laying down the very need to undertake this journey and formulating a coherent strategy for it. An end-to-end strategy to shift one’s infrastructure to the cloud based on the availability of the latest tools and technologies’ stack, model mapping, security analysis, resources, budgeting, etc., becomes a starting point for a cloud journey.
- Cloud capabilities – Another important facet is understanding the cloud capabilities and the various ways in which organizations can shift their existing infrastructure and processes to the cloud. To quickly understand the various means:
- Lift and Shift: This method essentially helps in moving the existing infrastructure as it is to the cloud with minimal modifications.
- Drop and Shop: This is mainly a change in the proprietorship and license to shift the infrastructure to the cloud.
- Hybrid: This method helps in creating a replica of the existing infrastructure over the cloud along with the one in hand as well.
- Lift and optimize: This approach is used to revamp the softwares and upgrade the OSs for shifting to cloud.
- Re-architecture: This approach comes in handy to change the whole architecture and replace it with a coherent one.
- Retire: This decommissions certain nuances of the infrastructure with other components on the cloud.
- Cloud security – This also becomes a crucial facet while shifting to the cloud – analyzing and mapping the security vulnerabilities beforehand. From data protection, DevSecOps, network security, authentication and access controls to disaster management and recovery, cloud security becomes an imperative service to ensure a secure posture and hygiene on the cloud. A growing need of DevSecOps has brought in enhanced security measures as a key part of an SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle).Thus, the various nuances within migration services throw light upon not just the need to shift to the cloud but also an underlying need to avail these services from a Cloud Migration/DevOps partner which will leverage its managed services – an end-to-end solution to make an organization’s journey to the cloud seamless and efficient. RTCTek possesses years of expertise in the domain and helps its clients make their journey smooth with its customized and feasible services.